Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Memory Palace Day #1

What a day! I am so excited that everyone did so well today on their Memory presentations! I think that almost everyone used the Memory Palace method but at least one person, Josh, used a song. I thought that the song was an awesome idea because I know that I remember almost every song that I have ever been taught. I was just talking with a friend about a song that listed all the states in alphabetical order. I can't forget that song. "Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut...." Good stuff.

I also thought that it was really interesting to listen to Zac recite the "out-dated" Top 100. As he would mention a book that was out of place from our list, I would immediately go to the loci which I had associated that book. Example...100 Years of Solitude is #27 on the new list while it is #12 on the old one. When Zac said "100 Years of Solitude" my mind jumped ahead to the lamp in the living room even though I was only in the kitchen for the previous book. I started my memorization on Sunday and I never thought that I would be able to form such strong associations in my mind so quickly. I am soo impressed by this method. Thanks to Sexson and Yates for letting me in on a too well-kept secret.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home