Sunday, February 27, 2005

Memory Palace Experience

Alright, so, I was not exactly excited when, at 1:30 pm on Saturday I remembered that I had to have the Top 100 Memorized by Tuesday. Yikes! Panic is probably the best description of my feelings at that moment. I sat down then and there to construct my palace and begin what I was sure would be an arduous journey to remember 100 book titles and their ranking position.

However, I actually ended up loving it! Not only does the method work (doubters MUST try it) , but I found myself actually enjoying the process of making associations between places/things and the books in the list. For example, there is a hallway in my home with a portrait of me and my two sisters displayed prominantly. That portrait is #43 Midnight's Children. Cupid and Psyche sit in the transom above the upsaitrs bathroom to remind me of The Golden Ass. I lead my sister through my palace and she loved it. I wish I had known of thi technique sooner! I might have gotten better test scores in Science classes.

Anyway, it works and it's awesome! Can't wait to hear about everyone else's experiences!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home