Monday, March 21, 2005

Top 100 Recitations Day #2

Everyone did a fabulous job on memorizing the Top 100! I especially enjoyed Tracy's musical and theatrical interpretation of the "text"! Awesome work! I hope that the epic poem performances go equally as well.

In the discussion following our recitations we talked about what made things memorable for us...I think that humor was really key for a lot of us. Like the assocation between condoms and The Birth of Tragedy or Brian's Catcher in the Rye. I didn't think about things that I wanted to use for my assocations and then map my palace out around those. I chose my path first and then made necessary assocations as I went. For example, Pale Fire in the fireplace makes sense but the bear next to it doesn't really equate to Divine Comedy I just had to make that connection and remember it. I think that having a set path really helped me to not get lost in the order of the books. I can't believe that some people did it just by rote memory. Yikes. I could NOT do that. I wonder if people that aren't that visual had more trouble with the Palace technique.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home