Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Salman Rushdie

SALMAN RUSHDIE WAS HERE!

Mr. Rushdie was in Bozeman yesterday. The experience of meeting him and getting to hear him speak on a variety of political and literary issues was one of the highlights of my life thus far. (I hope there are many more good things to come, but, for now, Rushdie is at the top.) I really haven't had an opportunity to fully ruminate on the things that Rushdie said and the things that I learned from him, but I am trying to do so and I hope that I will be able to write an articulate post regarding him speech and our small seminar class with him. For now I'll say that Salman Rushdie is a brilliant but approachable, funny, and deeply human man. I am so glad and thankful that this opportunity came to Bozeman, Montana!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home