Friday, March 25, 2005

Epic Poetry Recitations

Wow! I did not realize the talent and wit of my fellow Oral Traditions classmates. Everyone did a FABULOUS job! I think that my favorite was Jerimiah's because, well, it was amazing! He mixed the epic descriptions with country music and made a great song. Get that one into the recording studio!!!!

Valerie's poem about Wes was my favorite of the traditional poems. Her memorization was awesome and her language was perfectly matched to the assignment. Great job, Valerie and thanks for recording everyone. :O) I'll get you a videotape soon.

"Peace Corpus Krisiti" did an awesome job with Wayne's life, too. I will always remember " I siiiing of Wayne. Wayne the Brain."

As far as admiration poetry, Ed's poem about Cindy was certainly like an Ode to a Goddess. You know how to flatter a lady, Ed. :O)

I have to say, I was disappointed by my inability to remember the poem I wrote. I swear I had it memorized. I got up there and just wanted to get through it. If I had sat there long enough, I could have remembered it all. That's boring though. I could have started earlier though...that might have helped me.

I loved this assignment because of the insight that it gave all of us into each other. We never get to know people this closely in class and I'm glad that I've gotten a chance to hear about people's lives and accomplishments. This is a talented group that will go far. Thanks for your great poetry everyone. And remember, if you don't mind it being posted on the English Club board next to the English Office, please post your poem on your site. I check everyone's page out frequently so I'll see it. Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home