Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Memorizations/Group Presentations

A BIG "Great Job!" To everyone for their fantastic memorizations and group presentations. I think that all the groups really stepped up to the challenge of entertaining us and engaging in the oral culture's prominant ideas of storytelling. I have to say that my favorite group was the Cindy, Valerie, Juliette, Dustin, Wayne, Opai group with their blindfolds. At certain points the noise of the ongoing conversations was almost unbearable and that's something that I don't tend to notice when I can see what's going on. The smells were a fantastic effect; especially the smell of the pipe smoke. I loved your creativity. Awesome job. To all the groups though, we have a class of budding actors and directors in this class. :O) I was thoroughly impressed by all.

As for memorizations...AWESOME! I love the wide range of topics that the class has chosen. Music to universities, to poetry. I was the most "into it" when Wayne recited from the First Quartet. I have never heard those read aloud and it was so captivating and magical. Ed was rocking my socks with his German/English translations of "Prometheus" and I actually was learning from some people! Wildflowers, religions, top songs. Thanks for all your insights.

I chose to do Dr. Seuss because I love Dr.Seuss and I think that his messages, especially in Oh, The Places You'll Go, are valuable for all of us to remember. Now, whenever I know someone is off to do something great, I can recite the book to him/her. I think that's an important thing. :O) Above you will see a picture of our very own Shaman Sexson as Dr. Seuss...great! I just figured out the picture thing and I LOVE IT! Too bad it's the end of the semester. :O(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home