Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Day One of Group Presentations

Awesome job groups 1, 2, and 3! I had a ball watching and listening to everyone! We have so many clever and talented people in our class. We're going places.

"Red Riding Hood"...definitely the most subversive of the groups. What exactly was going on with Mr. Fox and Grandma anyway? Allison should think about changing her major. Dr. Frang-Freud (did I spell that right) was a great character for her. It's obviously a sign that after literature she needs to go on to conquer the mysteries of the human mind. I loved the musical accompaniment :O) so fun, and all of you acted very well! Grandma and Little Red were unafraid to really embrace their roles and Jason, well, the wolf nose was genius. :O) Bridgett (the hairy man in the disco) also gave an inspired performance to be proud of. Overall, I think that I most informative part was the explanation of the map that was drawn on the board, but, Allison's discussion of signature and archetype in deciphering Jamie's dream was great, too. GREAT WORK!

"Snow White" was kick ass...Somebody put a lot of time into that editing process. Brilliant who ever you are! Lindsey as the young Snow White was excellent. Great costume! I loved that you made it like an E! True Hollywood Story of "Snow White". The documentary style rally added to the humor, especially because no one shared the same story. The Mirror Monologue was well done and a nice touch to include the mirror. After all, it was around most of the time, and it's all-seeing. The addition of Prince was excellent! In the right light, he actually looks like Prince Charming. :O) You guys were great and I can't wait to see the director's Cut, complete with bloopers. :O)

"Cinderella" was the group I was in so I don't feel that I can offer an unbiased critique. After all, usually we are our worst critics, right? I will say though, that this is the most elaborate presentation I've ever done for a class but also, the most fun and the only one that I've ever done that I was not at all nervous for beforehand. I loved the assignment and I'm psyched to see what the other groups do tomorrow!

Also...I'm working on my thesis. It's coming...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home