Monday, January 31, 2005

Wisdom of the Mythtellers

I, like Jennifer, have really enjoyed reading these first two sections of Kane's Wisdom. I like the style of his writing and that he is so tied to the environment and the myths that come from it. I have not yeat read my "Dreams" chapter but I am sure that it too will be most wonderful.

One of the most interesing parts of the chapter "Patterns" was his story of the Red-headed Sapsucker and how he ties that to a universal truth that everything repeats itself forever. I think that this section really illustrates the tie that this book makes to other kinds of literature that we are all accustomed to reading. We read the same stories over and over again. Sure there are different character names and different plot twists, but, in general, the stories we read an write are the same stories that the ancient peoples told to each other and that have been told and written since. I find it fascinating that human nature stays so constant through all the other changes in our world and I think that in a way, it's all just more patterns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home