Thursday, December 09, 2004

The Last Day

I have to say that I, like many others I'm sure, am sad to say so long to this class. I will miss the subject matter of course. How often are we allowed to read books that don't seem like a chore and give us such imaginative people and places? I will also miss my classmates! Everyone in Children's Lit was brilliant, carefree, fun, and, of course, entertaining. To those of you graduating or moving away to begin new chapters in your lives, good luck! Especially to Michelle and Libby (and any others that I don't know about) who are going on to teach young minds the importance of literature. Remember these words of wisdom future teachers...

"A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops." --Henry Brooks Adams

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." --John Cotton Dana

Our last little lecture at the end of class today was a great wrap-up of the semester. I hope that you've all had as much fun as I did and I hope to see you in other classes while we're still at MSU. Have a wonderful holiday break!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home